HOW LONG IS IT FOR?
This is a full time, 6 term course studied over 2 years, or as a one year top-up on completion of a 1 year Subsidiary.
You will need 5 GCSE passes at grade 4 or above (including English and Maths). A good level of musicianship and good computer skills. We will consider all applicants on individual merit, but we assess your musical experience by way of audition.
WHAT DO I COME OUT WITH AT THE END?
A RSL Level 3 Extended Diploma for Music Practitioners is the equivalent of up to 3 A Levels, a BTEC and between 48 and 168 UCAS points.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
A RSL Level 3 Extended Diploma for Music Practitioners leads to the further study of music including HNC, HND or Foundation Degree and BA (Hons). It will also help you on your way to a career as a musical performer, music teacher, songwriter, producer, music journalist, band manager, sound engineer or session musician.
WHERE IS THIS COURSE AVAILABLE?
WHAT SUBJECTS WILL I STUDY?
- • Study your instrument in a series of instrument specific classes (i.e. guitarists will study with guitarists, vocalists will study with vocalists etc.)
- • Write and record your own songs using the latest equipment and professional software in our own in-house recording studio
- • Learn about different musical genres and perform them in class and practical settings
- • Perform live in a band each week; learn new songs and perfect your rehearsal techniques
- • Discover how the music industry works and begin to form your own career path for the future
- • Develop your understanding of music theory
- • Perform at a public gig at the end of each term
- • Take an active role in planning, project-managing and performing in the end of course graduation gig