Validated by the University of Wolverhampton, this two-year course is written in partnership with education professionals and industry experts, reflecting the current music industry and allows for further progression onto higher levels of study, expanding career opportunities and personal development.
Foundation Degree Music Performance
If you have a question, drop us an email
• Engage in a recorded music performance
• Gain experience as a session musician
• Collaborate with others to create original music
• Develop and refine your lyric writing skills
- Pathway-specific tuition with professional musicians
- Gain a working comprehensive knowledge of the music industry
- Perform and organise your own gig in collaboration with other musicians
- Exclusive access to our Higher Education enrichment programme
Foundation Degree Music Performance Units
• Commercial Music Creation
• Instrumental Studies
• Instrumental Application
• Advanced Instrumental Studies
• Advanced Instrumental Application
• Professional Work Project
• Entrepreneurship: Networking and Entrepreneurship:Planning
• Performance Skills
• Teaching Music
• Performance Repertoire
Length: 2 years
Fees: £5,995 P/A
Exeter • Gateshead • Southampton • Swindon • Online
Minimum of a 48 UCAS points plus a successful audition and interview. Experienced musicians without formal qualifications may be considered.
You will be able to progress to study a BA (Hons) top-up at Level 6. During your time with us, besides industry networking, you will have gained transferable skills such as communication, personal development and teamwork, plus research and analytical skills, as well as building a portfolio of work and performance repertoire.
Audition & Interview
Our qualifications require a successful audition and interview to enrol onto a course, but don’t be nervous! The auditions are on a 1-1 basis to assess your future potential to see what you can do, rather than what you can’t. It’s a great chance for you to see the centre, meet our fantastic tutors and ask any questions. You’re coming to us to learn and improve your skills, so we appreciate everyone has their strengths.