Industry professionals, direct to your classroom
As part of your enrichment programme, students at the Academy of Music and Sound, will gain access to masterclasses where you come face to face with industry professionals.
- Small class sizes allow you to get up close and personal
- Exclusive performances
- Q&A sessions
- Professionals from artists and producers to promoters and managers
- First-hand experience and knowledge
Our students even have a say on who comes in, with the help of our industry contacts, we try our best to fulfil your request for an artist or producer to cover a masterclass.
Live performance opportunities
Each centre have their own local links to venues, events, and the music industry. This opens up opportunities for performance experience such as festivals, support acts and open mic nights, alongside student’s own organised gigs.
- Builds your performance or production skills and confidence
- Exposing you to a wide range of situations helping you to adapt in the future
- Introduces you to a wider network of people
- Helps you gain work experience skills
Annual music festival and industry conference
Foundation degree performance students get the opportunity to attend Liverpool Sound City music festival and international conference.
- Paid ticket and accommodation for the weekend
- With industry panel talks and huge headliners
- Record labels, festival organisers and managers in attendance
- Insight and advice about the current and future music industry
Past speakers have included everyone from Peter Hook (Joy Division, New Order) and Viv Albertine (The Slits) to Simon Moran (SJM Concerts) and Nanci Walker (Universal Music Publishing), with previous performances including Ed Sheeran, Florence and the Machine, The Kooks, Paloma Faith, Catfish and the Bottlemen and Enter Shikari.
International electronic and advanced music festival
Foundation degree creative music production degree students attend the Sónar three-day electronic and advanced music festival dedicated to creativity, technology and business.
- Paid flights and tickets
- Explore the newest trends in dance and electronic music
- Top live music acts and producers
- Networking opportunities
- Gain industry insight
Previous performers include Daft Punk, The Chemical Brothers, Massive Attack, Kraftwerk and Hot Chip.