Accredited by Scottish Qualification Authority (SQA) Higher, it is written and developed by industry specialists with education professionals, with regular updates to mirror the developments within the music industry. It allows for further progression on to a higher level of study and expanding career opportunities.
• Engage in a recorded music performance
• Gain experience as a session musician
• Collaborate with others to create original music
• Develop and refine your lyric writing skills
• Explore MIDI sequencing, dynamic processors, analogue synthesis, equalisation and filters
• Experience live sound engineering, setting up and mixing live bands
- Get up-to-date with today’s music industry and how it operates
- Learn and put into practise basic marketing principles
- Work with a creative brief and deliver work to fit the brief
- Use professional standard software
NC Creative Industries Units
Understanding a Creative Brief
Working with a Creative Brief
Presenting a Creative Brief
Performing Music on One Instrument or Voice
Music Live Performance
Sound Engineering and Production
Music MIDI Sequencing
Appreciation of Music
An Introduction to the UK Music Industry
Music Management in the Music Industry
Promotion in the Music Industry
Marketing Basic Principles
Length: 36 weeks
Study Locations: Edinburgh • Glasgow
Minimum of National 4 English and two SQA subjects at National 4/5 level, plus a successful interview. Performance students will be required to audition.
You will be able to progress directly onto an HNC or HND. During your time with us, besides meeting some fantastic friends and musicians, you will have have gained transferable skills such as time-management, communication and teamwork, as well as building a portfolio of creative work.
Audition & Interview
Our qualifications require a successful audition and interview to enrol onto a course, but don’t be nervous! The auditions are on a 1-1 basis to assess your future potential to see what you can do, rather than what you can’t. It’s a great chance for you to see the centre, meet our fantastic tutors and ask any questions. You’re coming to us to learn and improve your skills, so we appreciate everyone has their strengths.
*Running of course in Glasgow is subject to sufficient application numbers