This is an internationally recognised qualification with regular updates to mirror the developments within the music industry. It is written and developed by industry specialists with education professionals. Fully-accredited by OfQual and DfES, it is the equivalent to 3 A-levels with an outcome of up to 168 UCAS points.
• Engage in a recorded music performance
• Gain experience as a session musician
• Collaborate with others to create original music
• Develop and refine your lyric writing skills
• Explore MIDI sequencing, dynamic processors, analogue synthesis, equalisation and filters
• Experience live sound engineering, setting up and mixing live bands
- Pathway specific tuition with professional musicians
- Get up-to-date with today’s music industry and how it operates
- Market and release your own music
- Gain first-hand knowledge in masterclass lessons from industry professionals
You will be able to progress directly onto degree level study. During your time with us, besides meeting some fantastic friends and musicians, you would have gained transferable skills such as time-management, communication and teamwork, as well as building a portfolio of work.
Minimum of 5 GCSEs grade 4 or above including Maths and English, plus a successful audition and interview. Students with special educational needs may be exempt from the minimum requirement of GCSEs.
Length: 2 years
Fees: Funded for ages 16-18
Exeter • Gateshead • Southampton • Swindon
Audition & Interview
Our qualifications require a successful audition and interview to enrol onto a course, but don’t be nervous! The auditions are on a 1-1 basis to assess your future potential to see what you can do, rather than what you can’t. It’s a great chance for you to see the centre, meet our fantastic tutors and ask any questions. You’re coming to us to learn and improve your skills, so we appreciate everyone has their strengths.