Short courses will give you hands-on experience, access to industry knowledge, professional equipment and a host of other useful skills and knowledge. On successful completion, you will be awarded a BTEC Level 3 and throughout the whole process, you will receive guidance and support from one of AMS’s specialist trainers.
When submitting your application, you do not need to complete a comprehensive account of your history however, it would be great to read about your interests. Please also specify which date you would like to attend in order for us to complete your booking faster and more efficiently.
Do you have an interest in sound production? Or just want to learn how to record your own music at home? Our free Sound Production short course offers a comprehensive introduction to everything you need to know about recording techniques.
This includes recording live instruments, MIDI recording, layering, mixing, mastering and more. With access to industry-standard audio equipment and software, as well as expert tutors to get you up to speed, the course is a perfect introduction to the modern recording industry.
Glasgow dates (2019)
- Monday 15th April week intensive (Mon to Fri, 10AM – 5PM) and concluding April 19th 2019
- Saturday 20th April for six consecutive weeks (10AM – 5PM) and concluding May 25th 2019
- Sunday 21st April for six consecutive weeks (10AM – 5PM) and concluding May 26th 2019
Edinburgh dates (2019)
- Friday 5th April for six consecutive weeks (10AM – 5PM) and concluding May 10th 2019
- Saturday 27th April for six consecutive weeks (10AM – 5PM) and concluding June 1st 2019
- Sunday 28th April for six consecutive weeks (10AM – 5PM) and concluding June 2nd 2019
Women in Music: Empowerment and Employability (Edinburgh only)
Our Women in Music: Empowerment and Employability Course are designed to give you the knowledge, practical awareness and confidence to create your own opportunity’s in life and within the music industry. We want to help you feel confident and use your voice where “Girls should be seen not heard” is still a dominant mentality. Join us and meet like-minded women, tailor your CV and gain priceless interview skills.
Edinburgh dates (2019)
- Saturday 13th April for two consecutive weekends (Saturday and Sunday 10AM – 5PM)
- Saturday 8th June for two consecutive weekends (Saturday and Sunday 10AM – 5PM)
Digital Synthesis and Sampling (Glasgow Only)
The course will cover techniques for digital synthesis and sampling. You will learn how to make your own digital instrument using Axoloti Patcher and an Axoloti Core (provided) which you can take away at the end of the course. You will also learn about the technical side of setting up your instrument in a studio or live setting, giving a short musical demonstration of your instrument on the last day of the course.
Glasgow Dates (2019)
- Monday 22nd April week intensive (Mon to Fri, 10AM – 5PM) with an assessment/presentation on Friday 3rd May